Co-Creation Lab

Co-CreationLab is an organisation and a platform for the development of visionary youth leadership around the globe, founded by Indira Hasimbegovic and Rita Christina Biza in 2006. It is based on the idea that social change and tranformation in social, political, environmental, disciplinary or economic fields depends on the ability of the world today to recognise young people as resourceful, innovative and responsible creators of tomorrow´s world. It equaly depends on our responsibility and ability to create educational spaces that nurture, celebrate, promote and encourage the innovative youth spirit.

TRANSFORMATIVE POTENTIAL OF YOUTH

It is central that we focus on developing, nurturing and enouraging the visionary spirit of the youth in the world.

It begins with n education based on the principles of responsibility, co-operation, tolerance, diversity, holsitic understanding of the world and sustainbaility.

In order to nurture the potential of the visions that the young people carry, we must help them to develop their ability to:

- take seriously their dreams and visions

- identify and navigate by their own unique values

- understand their life in relation to the whole

- recognise their pioneering potential

- think proactively, responsibly and visionary

- exercise responsibility for the whole in their actions

- work in co-operative and co-creative spirit

- carry the vision to concrete manifestation

- practice the change they wish to see manifest

- BELIEVE IN THE POSSIBILITIES!!!






Sunday, September 16, 2007

Projects: Dreamers Inc. - Participants' impressions - 1st phase

Here is what the participants had to say about their experiences from the 1st phase of the project:

Babuu, 16 – Dreams of being a computer engeneer : ”We discussed a lot of new things today, and I think that they are helpful for understanding how to think positively, how to help ourselves... The different ideas that i got are so helpful for my life – because I now know that one day, I will fulfil my dream.

Zeituni, 14 – Dreams of becoming a pilot : ”I like it, and I want to know more about it. Most important thing I learned is to help myself, to take responsibility... When we did a ”dream travel” exercise, I could already see myself as a pilot...I want more people to share these ideas and I want to learn more.”

Lucas, 15
– Dreams of being a general in the army and also a Hip-Hop artist (Lucas has already written a number of songs and has recently recorded a song in a studio together with his crew from the Childrens Center called ”Deka Heka”): ”I think that things that we discussed today are really helpful in our daily life, and I have gained many new ideas about things. For instance, to focus on the future and on the positive things, and not to give focus to negative things whcih will make us fail in reaching our goal.

Nelson, 15 – Dreams of being a teacher: ”I enjoyed the workshop today a lot, and I think that it is a good idea if we continue this program. I learned things I did not think about before...It is important that if you have a dream, people are there to support it. It is not good if they tell you you cannot do it – because you can...I want to be a teacher because I can help other children...The most important thing I take away from the workshop is co-operation – if we co-operate, we can acomplish and improve things much easier.”

Prosper, 21 – Loves science and dreams of becoming a doctor: ”I have really enjoyed the program and the way in which it was conducted. Me, myself – I have learned something new, something about thinking in a different ways. I have learned how I can think about problems differently, but also about how to find a way to achieve my goals... I liked the ideas about focusing on what you want to create and about not being stopped by obstacles, but thinking about possibilities – these are the ideas that I want to transmit to others...For myself, I understand that sometimes I have been focusing on obstacles too much. Now, I believe I should stop focusing on the obstacles but on what I want, what is possible.

No comments: